Author Topic: cleanup premium not working during avast premium smart scan  (Read 5671 times)

Offline m24

cleanup premium not working during avast premium smart scan
« on: September 02, 2022, 12:13:22 AM »
hello! I have avast premium and avast cleanup premium installed. When I run the avast premium smart scan when finished it tells me some performance issues were detected and there are temporary files to delete and 24 programs slowing down my system. When I select "solve everything", it shows me different options and prices of the premium cleanup that I already have installed and with an activation code. Why is this happening?
then, I enter the cleanup, let the analysis run. I solved the problems. I go back to avast premium, I run the smart analysis again and it shows me that I have again the same performance problems that which I supposedly already fixed with avast cleanup premium:-\
I don't understand, don't both programs work together?

Thank you very much for any help you can give me!!  ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: cleanup premium not working during avast premium smart scan
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 02:29:05 AM »
It probably isn't aware that cleanup-premuim is installed, does it indicate that its installed in the Avast Premium antivirus UI > Menu > Protection and or Performance (which is usually pushing it).

Also Check your settings to remove ads:
- These are a fact of the free version, but can be removed in paid versions of Avast - AvastUI > Menu > Settings > General - Personal Privacy and you can uncheck them, 'Show offers for other Avast Products' and 'Show offers for 3rd party products'.

EDIT:  I'm not sure if when running the (NOT) so Smart scan in the antivirus it recognises you have Cleanup Premium and just runs the free one in the Antivirus components.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 02:33:10 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline bgollop

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 09:53:25 PM »
My Smart Scan is not recognizing that I have the premium Avast Cleanup and asks me if I want to install it.  It is already installed.  What can I do to link these two programs as it is not cleaning up the application caches. 

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 09:56:48 AM »
My Smart Scan is not recognizing that I have the premium Avast Cleanup and asks me if I want to install it.  It is already installed.  What can I do to link these two programs as it is not cleaning up the application caches.

Hello,

First of all let me sincerely apologize for all troubles associated with usage of our product.
This is not intentional behavior.

In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility:

• Open Avast Cleanup - Menu - Settings - Troubleshooting
  • Click "Open Support Tool" button at the top
  • Confirm the Windows User Access Control dialog to start the tool
  • After the initial check click "Next"
  • Fill in your email address so we can contact you afterwards if necessary
  • Click "Generate" button to start the process
  • When everything is finished, send me the code displayed in the final screen (see the attached picture) so we can find the right package associated with it

Thank you for your cooperation!

Offline Gloria13

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2023, 09:38:07 AM »
I have that problem too. I bought Avast Cleanup to add to my Avast Premium Security after it did a Smart Scan. However, Avast keeps asking me to buy it again whenever I click "Resolve Issues". It is a pain. I paid for something and all you do is keep asking me to pay for it again and again. How many times should I buy Avast Cleanup before it works?