Author Topic: Mobile VPN disconnecting and not automatically reconnecting  (Read 4029 times)

Offline Jessica and James

Mobile VPN disconnecting and not automatically reconnecting
« on: September 03, 2022, 07:30:16 PM »
Hello!

I move between multiple Wifi and cell connections throughout the day and I find that my VPN continually disconnects itself and then will not automatically reconnect. At times, it will drop for no reason, despite being in the same place for severe hours, e.g. at home.
I use pixle 6, most recent android version update. All battery optimization is turned off. Automatic VPN is turned in. Always on is turned on.
What else is there to check?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Mobile VPN disconnecting and not automatically reconnecting
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 01:26:15 PM »
Hi,

Do you have more than one VPN application installed on your phone?
Perhaps you can try to reset your network. Go to your phone's settings > System> reset options (or search for "reset") > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth
If the issue persists, please get in touch with Avast Support via the app immediately after the VPN disconnects. In Avast Mobile Security, please go to > Menu > Help&Feedback > "Avast direct support"

Offline Jessica and James

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 03:36:12 PM »
Holy crap, this site doesn't send email notifications?

Resetting did nothing, I'll try support then.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 06:48:42 PM »
Holy cow, this site doesn't send email notifications?

Resetting did nothing, I'll try support then.

Yes it does, there should be a Notify button below your posts if you haven't got notifications set in your forum profile.

That said as a newbie (under 20 posts) some of the profile settings aren't available.  It has been a very, very long time since I was a newbie, but I think that was the default option then. 

I have it disabled and don't have it enabled or check the notify button.  I just use the "Show new replies to your posts." at the top of the forum pages.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security