Author Topic: Windows not waking after Avast update  (Read 1392 times)

Offline BnS

Windows not waking after Avast update
« on: August 21, 2022, 10:20:21 AM »
I am using Windows 10 and the current version of Avast
(22.7.6025 (build 22.7.7403.742).

This is just to let anyone concerned be aware of an issue with Avast that I have encountered.
When Avast wakes my computer to perform an update, the computer does not subsequently wake normally (I need to hold down the power off button to shut the computer down, and then restart it).

My workaround to the problem was/is to off the Avast automatic updates, opting instead for "Remind me when updates are available", and that has been working fine for a couple of days now.

In my Internet searches regarding this, I noticed that it has been a problem in the past for some users.  If there are good fixes to this issue please let me know!
Thanks!

Offline BnS

Re: Windows not waking after Avast update
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 09:36:38 AM »
Update: I seem to have rectified the problem I described earlier by turning off the power management (energy savings) feature for pci-express.  Sorry for the unnecessary inconvenience.

The powers that be should feel free to delete this thread if desired.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Windows not waking after Avast update
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 05:10:54 PM »
Generally topics aren't deleted (unless specifically requested by the creator) as they could well help others in a similar position.

Thanks for the feedback.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security