Author Topic: help please! everytime i insert my flash drive to laptop, it become shortcut  (Read 836 times)

Offline doddy.rai

hi.. please help..

i just notice few days ago when i insert my usb drive on my laptop, my usb drive become shortcut inside my usb drive itself
to access it i must click on that shortcut and wait it for load like installing usb driver loading...

when i check the shortcut , the target is %SystemRoot%\System32\cmd.exe

i have try to format the usb drive, but when i insert it, it will become shorcut again,
and my not infected usb drive ( i've never use that usb on this laptop ), when i insert, it becomes shortcut too

please help.. thanks in advance

« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 03:30:16 PM by Milos »

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
Here give this a try. You seem to have an autorun inf on your flashdrive. You can try to prevent it from auto running by holding the shift key down when inserting the drive.

If you want to remove the pesky autorun use this tool.

Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs(and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
  • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive anl/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.