Author Topic: Just install 4.7 - Never set a password, yet program request it for some menu??  (Read 1855 times)

Alainc

I made two install of AVAST 47: on a XP desktop and on a Vista laptop. I use the same key.

Now for some reason the vista install ask for a password to open On-Access Protection Control and Program Settings !!

The Set/Change Password request the old password which I don't have and NEVER set ... So how to set a password if you requested a password to do so ? This is NOT a Set Password option but a Change Password !!!

In any case I am stuck, yet the XP Avast 4.7 install does not bother me with a password. Is the only choice to uninstall and reinstall, as I read on the forum?

Thanks in advance

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
That most certainly is the only option, reinstall, though I have no idea why this occurred in the Vista install.

The Set/Change Password would allow you to Set a password, had one not been set already, if for whatever reason it believes one has been set it will obviously only allow for a change of password. Sorry for stating the obvious but I'm as baffled as you on this one and I don't use Vista.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security