Author Topic: Possibility to start Bank mode directly from Windows menu?  (Read 1435 times)

Offline bigtom

Possibility to start Bank mode directly from Windows menu?
« on: September 13, 2022, 06:25:45 PM »
Does anyone know how to start the Bank mode from a shortcut (can be eventually pasted into the Start menu) without launching the Avast Secure Browser?
Optional: and autohide the banner in the lower right part of the normal worktop.

The resulting situation will be like starting ASB, menu, click on the Bank Mode, go back from the Bank mode to the normal mode, close ABS and right click on the lower right black banner.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Possibility to start Bank mode directly from Windows menu?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 07:38:05 PM »
Whilst I don't use ASB, as far as I'm aware Bank Mode is an integral part of ASB so it would have to be running.

https://support.avast.com/en-gb/article/use-bank-mode/
Quote from: Extract
Bank Mode is a feature in Avast Secure Browser that provides a virtual desktop, which acts as a clean, safe PC within your real PC. The Bank Mode virtual desktop protects you against the injection of malicious scripts, keystroke logging, and screenshot attempts by third-party apps. We recommend using Bank Mode each time you want to access a banking website or pay online.

Quote from: Extract2
To use Bank Mode, you need both Avast Antivirus and Avast Secure Browser installed on your PC.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline bigtom

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 01:38:43 PM »
Well, it is possible to run the Bank mode without running the ABS, as I described in my post.

It would be good if someone from Avast ever read this forum. They would know easily how to increase the efficiency.

Btw. MS Edge also introduced some kind of a virtual browser "Application Guard" that reminds the Bank mode.

Offline Leafs

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2022, 04:56:44 PM »
Not sure if this helps but generally I go directly to Bank Mode by right clicking the Avast icon in the Task Bar area then selecting it.