Author Topic: Disable the annoying Advertisements ?  (Read 589 times)

Offline Trekman

Disable the annoying Advertisements ?
« on: September 14, 2022, 07:46:41 PM »
I understand that Avast wants to sell their products. However I am very angry about the high number of intrusive and annoying popups about additional subscription options.

I guess it is ok in the Free version, but I purchased Premium Security and ONLY Premium Security deliberately, I neither need nor want any additional stuff.
But at every boot and then every few minutes some popup tries to sell another additional feature or to "upgrade".

Is there a way to turn these advertisements off ?
I tried to turn on Silent Mode - and guess what : on the very same screen I get an advertisement for the VPN subscription.

I am very angry about this harrassment and already considering to cancel my subscription and Avast usage if there no other way....

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Disable the annoying Advertisements ?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 08:32:44 PM »
Then you can switch them off, where Avast Free users (like myself) are limited.  I have got use to the minor (embuggerance) and ignore.

Avast UI > Menu > Settings > General > Personal Privacy I think it is in the paid product.
Personally I feel that shouldn't be enabled in paid products.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security