Author Topic: Avast Mobile Security Updates vs Android Security Updates  (Read 2741 times)

Offline AvastEPL

Avast Mobile Security Updates vs Android Security Updates
« on: September 17, 2022, 03:11:11 AM »
I have Avast Mobile Security installed on my device. Whenever the App updates & when the Virus Definitions update, would those two kind of updates from Avast Mobile Security be considered Security Updates for my Android from Avast? 

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast Mobile Security Updates vs Android Security Updates
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 10:35:00 AM »
I have Avast Mobile Security installed on my device. Whenever the App updates & when the Virus Definitions update, would those two kind of updates from Avast Mobile Security be considered Security Updates for my Android from Avast?

Hi,

No, Avast Mobile Security Updates and Android Security Updates are not the same. Avast Mobile Security protects your Android device from known malware and threats, but It cannot protect against exploits targeting specific vulnerabilities in the OS kernel, the network stack and other fundamental parts of the system. You also want to ensure that your Android System is up to date. Please see here for more details:https://support.google.com/android/answer/7680439?hl=en