Author Topic: How will I know if a quarantined file is a false positive?  (Read 931 times)

Offline MRTMN

How will I know if a quarantined file is a false positive?
« on: September 24, 2022, 08:02:30 PM »
Avast recently pinged a file as dangerous and quarantined it. I believe this is a false positive, but I'm leaving it in quarantine for now. I submitted it using the in-app interface for review.

How will I know what the result of the review is? I don't see any option to re-scan quarantined files.

TIA!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How will I know if a quarantined file is a false positive?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 10:10:22 PM »
As the submission on your installation isn't linked to an email address I don't know how they would contact you.

However, you can use the Restore option in Quarantine, that sends it back to the original location, if it is still detected Avast will alert again.

You don't mention when this alert occurred if it was on an on demand scan (in which case Avast should alert right away) or when you tried to run it, in which case you would have to run it again.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security