Author Topic: Cannot Watch selected Austrian ORF-Tvthek programs anymore when using VPN  (Read 2829 times)

Offline peter-se

Since I am Austrian living abroad I have been happy about the possibility to see TV programs from my home-country. This worked pretty much trouble-free until now.

Today there was a program, which my wife and I did want to see (called "Universum"), but the VPN stopped allowing me to watch. There came the message that the program can be only watched within Austria - the same as if I would try watching without VPN.

Unfortunately, the reason why I purchased the VPN module is exactly to see such programs, but if this is not working anymore then the VPN module becomes pretty useless.

I am using Win10 and typically Google Chrome. I also unsuccessfully tried using Edge.

Any idea, f there is anything that has changed recently?

Link to the particular program I wanted to see, but not working:
 link: https://tvthek.orf.at/profile/Universum/35429/Universum-Sanfte-Berge-wilde-Moore-Das-Alpenvorland/14151164/Universum-Sanfte-Berge-wilde-Moore-Das-Alpenvorland/15241775

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Cannot Watch selected Austrian ORF-Tvthek programs anymore when using VPN
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 01:20:37 PM »
Hi,

We do not have any VPN streaming servers for Austria, so we cannot guarantee that it will always work with Austrian streaming websites.
Nevertheless, I have managed to stream the content from the link you provided using Google Chrome, Edge and Firefox and the Avast SecureLine Austrian VPN location. Did you perhaps set the VPN to select a location automatically? If so, please manually select the Austrian VPN location.