Author Topic: Subscription Marketing Pop-ups  (Read 995 times)

Offline danieladilaj

Subscription Marketing Pop-ups
« on: October 04, 2022, 03:30:40 AM »
How can I prevent marketing pop-ups from showing up?

My Avast Premium Security Free Trial has expired, and I have no intention to renew my subscription. Pop-ups prompting me to renew my subscription appear many times a day. Usually when my notebook is recently opened, and the loading times for EVERYTHING are slower, because I have 4GB of RAM. Which makes these pop-ups especially annoying.

I want to know if there is a solution for this problem besides uninstalling avast. It is still an useful program, but if I can't stop these pop-ups from showing up, I will uninstall it permanently.

Thank you in advance for your attention,
DF
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 03:35:19 AM by danieladilaj »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Subscription Marketing Pop-ups
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 04:55:08 AM »
Simple, uninstall the premium trial and install Avast free.

Offline Rundvleeskroket

• Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 07:59:03 PM »
Avast Free also shows quite a few marketing popups. Usually in the form of scary fake alerts.

You could enable silent mode, but that might also suppress alerts you do want to see.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 08:21:07 PM »
Avast Free also shows quite a few marketing popups. Usually in the form of scary fake alerts.

You could enable silent mode, but that might also suppress alerts you do want to see.

But this topic isn't about Avast Free it is about someone using Avast Premium Security Free Trial and the trial has expired. 
Quote from: danieladilaj
My Avast Premium Security Free Trial has expired, and I have no intention to renew my subscription. Pop-ups prompting me to renew my subscription appear many times a day.

Quote from: danieladilaj
I want to know if there is a solution for this problem besides uninstalling avast. It is still an useful program, but if I can't stop these pop-ups from showing up, I will uninstall it permanently.

So no wonder he is getting prompt to effectively pay for it.  Or as CraigB mentioned uninstall the Trial Version which has expired.  At which point he is likely to be offered the Avast Free version, he can't just keep using a paid version of Avast when the trial has ended.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Rundvleeskroket

• Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 09:10:55 PM »
But this topic isn't about Avast Free it is about someone using Avast Premium Security Free Trial and the trial has expired.

So? The suggestion above was to install Avast Free. That however won't get rid of marketing popups, which is the question asked. They'll just be different ones. Instead of 'Renew your subscription" it'll be: "Buy our firewall" and "Buy our VPN", but convoluted to scare people.

Silent mode (perhaps only in Avast Free) might get the desired result. And in fact if there is no intention to start paying for AV, the only option Avast offers.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 08:39:11 AM by Rundvleeskroket »