Author Topic: AVAST CLEANUP PREMIUM >:( AUTO DELETED MY BROWSERS COOKIES & HISTORY!  (Read 3052 times)

Offline c.perron

I was in I.T. Troubleshooting and Problem Resolution for 22 years.

I'm a tad bit pissed because ACP... without any warning! No pop-up dialog box with a choice! Auto deleted all of the cookies and browsing history of all 5 of my installed Browsers.
Which is an "aggravating inconvenience" for a tech expert! I feel sorry for the average User doing research on any topic.

Who at your company that thought it was a good idea to have ACP's "Browser data" module auto delete a Users cookies and history and not include the option to disable it, or uncheck/deselect
the Browsers the User didn't want what can be important data deleted, or even provide a pop-up notification dialog box informing the User that ASP was going to delete what some of us tech experts wouldn't necessarily want deleted?

Next, have your programmers to include a feedback module in all you programs.
Next, have you programmers make all of your program's windows "resizable".

[/img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/uv1ii73v5dvm8bd/AvastCleanUpPremium.jpg?dl=0[/img]

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: AVAST CLEANUP PREMIUM >:( AUTO DELETED MY BROWSERS COOKIES & HISTORY!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 01:46:46 PM »
Hi,

Are you saying that Avast Cleanup Premium deleted your Browsers' cookies and history without any input from your side? Could you clarify the steps you took that resulted in this issue?