Author Topic: Avast One is not compatible with Avast Passwords ?  (Read 1625 times)

Offline CATERMOL

Avast One is not compatible with Avast Passwords ?
« on: October 10, 2022, 01:28:56 PM »
Hello,

I tried to install Avast One free (AvastOne Essentiel) on my pc running under Windows 10.
I got a blocking message according to copy below.
As I use Firefox by default, I disabled the Avast Passwords extension.
But I still get the same blocking message.
What other possible solution?
Is the problem the same with Avast One Premium ?
Thanks.
Cordially.

GPO

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast One is not compatible with Avast Passwords ?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 02:56:24 PM »
Hi,

Avast Passwords is a component of Avast Antivirus (Free and Premium) but not Avast One. You won't be able to use Avast Passwords with Avast One.
Before you install Avast One on Windows, you need to uninstall other Avast applications. https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/1/#idt_2200
If you have Avast Passwords data installed on your device, you should export them to another application or your browser before you install Avast One.

Offline CATERMOL

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 03:18:46 PM »
Hi r@vast,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Does this mean that Avast One will not work if I by and install Avast Passwords on my pc instead of integrating it as now into Firefox as an add-on?
On the other hand I thought that for security reasons it was not recommended to save passwords into a browser?

Best regards.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 11:34:40 AM »
Hi r@vast,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Does this mean that Avast One will not work if I by and install Avast Passwords on my pc instead of integrating it as now into Firefox as an add-on?
On the other hand I thought that for security reasons it was not recommended to save passwords into a browser?

Best regards.

Hi,

Avast Passwords is no longer for sale. Whether you have the paid or free version of either application does not matter, you still won't be able to use the two on the same computer. Please remember that for Avast Passwords to work, you need to have the Avast Antivirus (free or premium) installed. Avast Passwords does not work by itself either.
You do not have to keep your passwords in the browser, but it is probably your best option for exporting your passwords from Avast Passwords. Once in the browser, you can export it to a different password manager and use it with Avast One.
Please see this guide https://support.avast.com/article/export-mozilla-firefox-passwords-data/#pc

Offline ProjectDT88

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2024, 04:41:14 AM »
I know is thread is Ancient but I am posting this anyways incase anyone else searches for this

BEFORE YOU INSTALL AVAST ONE BACK UP YOUR PASSWORDS

Once you make that jump Avast will force you to use Avast One no matter what installation you try to use, so no matter what you do you will not be able to get your passwords back.

Offline PapaFM

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2024, 01:18:29 PM »
Nochmals "Oh - GsD habe ich diesen Artikel zufällig gefunden - Ich benutze bezahltes AVAST Premium Security - hoffentlich bleibe ich vor "AVAST One" verschont, denn "AVAST-Password" ist für mich ein Hauptgrund für den Erwerb gewesen.
Na ja - vielleicht ist es doch ratsam von AVAST langsam Abstand zu nehmen - - - es wird in zu vielen Bereichen immer mieser - - - ich bin zwischenzeitlich mehr und mehr unzufrieden und der Abzock-Versuch mit dem "Driver-Updater-ABO(!)" - - - schlichtweg eine bodenlose Unverschämtheit! (siehe Artikel: "Abzocke?" - falls er überhaupt im Forum auftaucht)
Grüssle, PapaFM