Author Topic: Avast spamming with some URL:Scam  (Read 877 times)

Offline NequEz

Avast spamming with some URL:Scam
« on: October 11, 2022, 05:20:16 PM »
Hello, got some problem since yesterday, my avast's gone crazy and all the time that im using browser it constantly sends me messages that "threat secured".
It looks like this https://ibb.co/Hzk22jS

I've tried to do some research but couldnt find anything. I have installed malwarebytes and made a scanl, it have found some stuff, but even if moved them to quarantine, and later deleted them, the problem still occured. Additionally, the malwarebytes also started to pop some infos simillar to this but it looked a bit different and instead of s.viinxd.com there was something like nandinter.hire.
Anyone can help? Is it some real threat or moaybe a should somehow add an exception to avast? (but also not sure how to, there is usually a button to add exception on errors like this)
Thanks upfront

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Avast spamming with some URL:Scam
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 05:39:57 PM »
Clean out your browser cookies, that should fix it.

Offline NequEz

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 06:12:40 PM »
It have probably helped, not getting popups yet, thanks bud

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 06:26:51 PM »
You're welcome :)

You should be able to set your browser to block third party cookies, I personally set my browser to also delete all cookies on exit...except for a few favourites I set to never delete.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 08:00:58 PM »
I use Firefox as my default browser with uBlock Origin and uMatrix add-ons/extensions.  In Firefox settings > Privacy and Security, I have the Browser Enhanced Tracking Protection  set to, Standard level.  You can go stronger, but could cause site issues, given the other extensions I don't feel this necessary.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security