Author Topic: Trying to install - "Avast cannot get Icarus files" error  (Read 5181 times)

Offline gregandfarrell

Trying to install - "Avast cannot get Icarus files" error
« on: October 12, 2022, 03:48:08 PM »
I am trying to install Cleanup and in the installation process I am getting a box coming up with the error "Avast cannot get Icarus files."  I'm not finding anything on a search about how to resolve this issue.  Any advice?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Trying to install - "Avast cannot get Icarus files" error
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 10:36:49 AM »
Hi,

Do you have any other application, such as an antivirus, that might interfere with the downloading or installation process?

Offline gregandfarrell

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 02:31:47 PM »
Just Avast antivirus... and Windows Firewall  i will try again yrmpotsrily disabling that 

Offline gregandfarrell

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 09:17:19 PM »
Tried re-downloading the installation file, and then installing with Firewall turned off, but still getting the same message.  "Cannot get Icarus files.  Error code: 44002"

Hi,

Do you have any other application, such as an antivirus, that might interfere with the downloading or installation process?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2022, 02:01:19 PM »
Tried re-downloading the installation file, and then installing with Firewall turned off, but still getting the same message.  "Cannot get Icarus files.  Error code: 44002"

Hi,

Can you provide a support file ID, please? https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/submit-support-file/

Offline gregandfarrell

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2022, 06:29:55 PM »

Hi,

Can you provide a support file ID, please? https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/submit-support-file/

Support file ID is XQ96W.

Offline Roland9

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2022, 02:21:16 PM »
I have exactly the same problem!

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2022, 11:50:59 AM »
I have exactly the same problem!

Hi,
Are you installing Avast Cleanup while on VPN? If so, try when the VPN is turned off.
Could you also change your DNS to a Public one, please?  (8.8.8.8  / 8.8.4.4) Please see this guide: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/troubleshoot-dns/#pc