Author Topic: Password manager in Avast Free Antivirus  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Malcolm50

Password manager in Avast Free Antivirus
« on: October 14, 2022, 06:59:05 PM »
 I have used Avast Free Antivirus with the built in password manager for years. I mistakenly accepted  the upgrade to Avast 0ne thinking it was an update only to find that password manager was not included. I uninstalled the upgrade only to find that my Avast Antivirus was completely gone. Installing Avast Antivirus has not enabled my password manager. Has this LOST all my passwords?
Not at all happy!!!!

Offline kitmubet

Re: Password manager in Avast Free Antivirus
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 07:35:14 PM »
If the password Manager Content is sync to an Avast Account you can sync it back or
if you exported the content using the password manager (not the backup setting) you can import it back.

(im assuming Avast free is installed)
you can reinstall the Password Manager module (the password manager is not installed by default)

Setting > General >Troubleshooting > Add/Modify Component > Then Check "Password (Old)" 

Once installed go to the password manager setting > sync > login using the Avast Account it is sync to

hope this help
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 07:40:27 PM by kitmubet »
Just an Ordinary User

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Password manager in Avast Free Antivirus
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 01:17:19 PM »
I have used Avast Free Antivirus with the built in password manager for years. I mistakenly accepted  the upgrade to Avast 0ne thinking it was an update only to find that password manager was not included. I uninstalled the upgrade only to find that my Avast Antivirus was completely gone. Installing Avast Antivirus has not enabled my password manager. Has this LOST all my passwords?
Not at all happy!!!!

Hi,

If you stored your passwords locally and did not make use of an online backup, provided that you did not delete the Avast Passwords file, you should still be able to access your Avast Passwords data.
Once you re-install Avast Passwords, make sure to also tick the box next to Show Avast Passwords. https://support.avast.com/article/install-passwords/#pc