Author Topic: Spammy Advertisements on bottom of Secure Line VPN  (Read 3489 times)

Offline mhatdad

Spammy Advertisements on bottom of Secure Line VPN
« on: October 05, 2022, 11:32:53 AM »
Why does Avast Inflict Spam on Paid Customers of it's Subscriptions?
Avast Premium Security Allows me to remove all Spam Advertisements from the program by opening >Menu >Settings >Personal Privacy, and then Unchecking the boxes under >Offers and >Personalization. Once those boxes are Unselected Avast stops posting Spammy Offers for products on any part of the program and the Avast Premium Security I Paid for just works like it's supposed to work and doesn't INSIST that I be INFLICTED with SPAMMY OFFERS that I don't Want.

Avast SecureLine VPN Doesn't have a SWITCH to shut off the SPAM. On the bottom of the main program Avast INSISTS on posting SPAMMY OFFERS for any of it's products that IT wants to INFLICT me with. I do not want to see offers for any programs on the bottom of my Avast SecureLine VPN Program! For any Reason. I don't care how Avast wants to twist the offers into being pertinent to me. I want the programs I have and if I want anything else from Avast I will be sure to get it myself in another way!

Offline waking

Re: Spammy Advertisements on bottom of Secure Line VPN
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2022, 07:18:02 PM »
Why does Avast Inflict Spam on Paid Customers of it's Subscriptions?

Avast SecureLine VPN Doesn't have a SWITCH to shut off the SPAM. On the bottom of the main program Avast INSISTS on posting SPAMMY OFFERS for any of it's products that IT wants to INFLICT me with. I do not want to see offers for any programs on the bottom of my Avast SecureLine VPN Program!

I was somewhat disappointed when I saw that at the bottom
of the GUI main window. But I was even more aggravated by
it when I got a big popup right in the middle of the screen.

This is with 5 months remaining on an active paid subscription.

Not nice IMO.