Author Topic: Start delay with uTorrent  (Read 2461 times)

Offline Peter167

Start delay with uTorrent
« on: October 23, 2022, 03:34:20 AM »
Using avast free 22.10.6038 uTorrent now takes 30 seconds before I can see its UI. If I disable ransomware protection module it starts immediately. Adding it to Exceptions and App permissions makes no difference.
I have uTorrent starting with Windows at bootup as I use it with Radarr and Sonarr and they also start with Windows. Now Radarr and Sonarr are complaining that they can't find uTorrent because uTorrent doesn't start until after Radarr and Sonarr, so I have to add Radarr and Sonarr as Scheduled Tasks and delay their startup for a minute so they start after uTorrent.
Please can you see if this can be fixed.

Offline darktyler

Re: Start delay with uTorrent
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 04:42:09 PM »
Hi there, I have exactly the same problem since today... I really don't understand why... Any help please????

Offline 5

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2022, 07:00:00 PM »
I 3rd the motion. Not quite 30 seconds to load but a looong time.
Could it be that the site and or file is in the process of being scanned? There's nothing to indicate that. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 07:10:30 PM by sooke2004 »

Offline hseldon

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2022, 07:24:16 PM »
The first time I used uTorrent after installing Avast, I got a popup from Avast to say that it was a suspicious file and was being submitted for an examination scan which would take around 40 seconds so uTorrent didn't open. After a short while the popup said uTorrent was clean and it opened. I didn't get anymore popups on subsequent launches of uTorrent but still got the delay in opening. I couldn't stand the long delay every time it started, so I switched to qBittorrent which opens immediately.

Offline 5

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 04:08:48 PM »
After trying a couple work arounds that didn't work I've found to just disable Avast for the time it takes to load uTorrent.
Right click Avast icon in your system tray (beside the clock) > Avast Shields Control > Disable 10 minutes.
Enable again once uTorrent opens.

Offline David259

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2022, 11:28:28 PM »
After trying a couple work arounds that didn't work I've found to just disable Avast for the time it takes to load uTorrent.
Right click Avast icon in your system tray (beside the clock) > Avast Shields Control > Disable 10 minutes.
Enable again once uTorrent opens.

This actually only fixes the app startup for me, when I enable everything again once uTorrent is open, I've noticed even loading/opening torrents from websites is slower than usual, also takes like 30 seconds just to display the file on uTorrent. Seems like Avast is probably analyzing everything now.

Disabling ransomware protection makes loading utorrent and torrents as fast as usual, will do that for now but that's not normal, hope this is resolved in a new update.

Offline 5

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2022, 11:23:33 AM »
This actually only fixes the app startup for me, when I enable everything again once uTorrent is open, I've noticed even loading/opening torrents from websites is slower than usual, also takes like 30 seconds just to display the file on uTorrent. Seems like Avast is probably analyzing everything now.

Disabling ransomware protection makes loading utorrent and torrents as fast as usual, will do that for now but that's not normal, hope this is resolved in a new update.

I load the torrent before enabling Avast again - no delay, but it appears you've found another work around.

Offline PDI

• Avast team
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2022, 11:06:02 AM »
Hi all,

thank you for the report.

We're looking into the problem and we hope that the fix'd be available today or tomorrow.

We'll let you know once the update is released.

Regards,
PDI

Offline PDI

• Avast team
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2022, 10:58:40 AM »
Hi,

the fix was released just now. Please try to update you AV and restart the computer.

Regards,
PDI