Author Topic: i am not abale update virus definition recently  (Read 1556 times)

Offline diana15

i am not abale update virus definition recently
« on: October 24, 2022, 06:31:22 AM »
hello every one

recently i cant update virus definition .

plz help . i have net connection i dont know why cant update it ....

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: i am not abale update virus definition recently
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 10:03:42 AM »
Hi,

I take it clicking on CHECK FOR UPDATE does not help and you already tried to restart Windows.
Try repairing Avast. https://support.avast.com/article/Repair-Antivirus/

Offline grafian

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 09:59:57 AM »
I have this problem too on my Asus Win10 laptop since this month (early Oct), can not update virus definition, it seems like Avast is unable to connect to the internet.

What I have done so far:
1. Check the internet connection = internet is working properly, browser and download is normal
2. Connect to another network = fail
3. Disable all firewall = fail
4. Repair Avast = fail
5. Uninstall and Reinstall Avast = fail, and i can not install Avast properly afterward, always stop in the middle of installation process, Avast is shown on Processes at Task Manager, but there is no Avast Icon and Folder on  start menu and taskbar, like an incomplete installation.
6. Uninstall Avast using Avast Removal Tool (avastclear.exe) on safe mode and Reinstall Avast = fail, same result as no.5
7. Uninstall Avast and try another Anti Virus (Avira) = Avira is installed properly but some menu is missing and unable to update also, like Avast it's like Avira is unable to connect to the internet
8. Uninstall Avira and Reinstall Avast using Offline installer = Avast is installed properly but still cannot update virus definition, I can perform manual virus definition update using Avast offline virus definition updater on this page > https://www.avast.com/en-id/download-update#pc

(Fail = Can't update virus definition)

I suspect there is some virus or malware on my computer that prevent any antivirus to update it's database.

Please help, thank you.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 12:14:38 PM by grafian »

Offline =Snake=

• Still using Avast Free!
  • Maybe Bot
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 06:43:54 PM »
Hi!

Try to click on 'More options', choose --> 'searchmodule & virus-chest' --> properties --> 'automatic actualisation' and 'stream updates' have to be choosen! Close that window, remain connected to the internet and restart your machine.
Please, be so kind and report back.

Greetings from =Snake=
Desktops: AMD LE1620, W7 ult SP1 [x86] | IP-4, XP pro SP3[x86] | Intel Celeron, W7 ult SP1 [x86] | AMD-Athlon 1800+, XP pro SP3, [x86] in WL |
Laptops:   HP G72 , W10 Home [x64]  v22H2 (Build 19045.2728) | Acer Aspire ES1-131, W10 Home [x64] v1511 (Build 10586.1106)|
Firefox ESR [AOS,NS,uBO,uMatrix],Thunderbird,MCShield,CCleaner,Defraggler,MBAM Free,MBAE, Avast Free Antivirus|

Offline grafian

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2022, 10:00:26 AM »
It is chosen by default, and the result still same, unable to update virus definition

my virus database is up to date in the picture because I update it manually via offline virus definition updater on this page > https://www.avast.com/en-id/download-update#pc
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 10:03:42 AM by grafian »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2022, 10:38:16 AM »
Submit the logs please (e.g. via Avast Settings / Troubleshooting / Send logs at the very bottom) and post the related ID afterwards.

Offline grafian

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2022, 03:49:47 PM »
Submit the logs please (e.g. via Avast Settings / Troubleshooting / Send logs at the very bottom) and post the related ID afterwards.

Hi, this is the log files on C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log\AvastSvc.log

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2022, 04:33:38 PM »
Thanks but I meant the complete logs, as sent via the support tool (e.g. from the location I mentioned).
Here I can only see some errors regarding prxerdrv.dll trying to load into our process (google points to Proxifier?)... but whether it's related I don't know (could be if it's blocking Avast from downloading the updates).

Offline grafian

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2022, 06:35:49 AM »
Thanks but I meant the complete logs, as sent via the support tool (e.g. from the location I mentioned).
Here I can only see some errors regarding prxerdrv.dll trying to load into our process (google points to Proxifier?)... but whether it's related I don't know (could be if it's blocking Avast from downloading the updates).

Hi Igor, Thank you! Thank you for your help.
I uninstalled the proxifier and reset the network settings on my windows.
Now it works like it used to, I can update my virus definition automatically