Author Topic: Logging and Alerts - activity not showing up in Notifications?  (Read 664 times)

Offline msg

Logging and Alerts - activity not showing up in Notifications?
« on: November 07, 2022, 02:28:21 PM »
I noticed Remote Access Shield was blocking access from an RDP session on my home network.  It doesn't show up in Notifications when I open the Avast console.  I had to go into Remote Access Shield in protection to view the history.

This is Avast Premium.
Are there syslog or snmp logging options for this, or do I need a business product?

I need access to notifications with more verbose information for troubleshooting.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Logging and Alerts - activity not showing up in Notifications?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 05:00:11 PM »
I noticed Remote Access Shield was blocking access from an RDP session on my home network.  It doesn't show up in Notifications when I open the Avast console.  I had to go into Remote Access Shield in protection to view the history.

This is Avast Premium.
Are there syslog or snmp logging options for this, or do I need a business product?

I need access to notifications with more verbose information for troubleshooting.

Hi,

Logs for Remote Access Shield are located in C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log\StreamFilter.log
You might have to enable passive mode to view it. https://support.avast.com/en-au/article/antivirus-passive-mode/