Author Topic: Avast One vs Avast Premium  (Read 2305 times)

Offline RoboStrange

• Beta Boy TV - Political Streamer
Avast One vs Avast Premium
« on: November 12, 2022, 03:37:57 AM »
So, I realized I had a double subscription going for both Avast One and Avast Premium.

Am I correct in assuming that they are two names for the same thing, but with different options? Is Avast Premium and upgraded version of Avast One? Because I canceled Avast One and kept Avast Premium, but I'm not sure.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast One vs Avast Premium
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 12:11:41 PM »
Avast One (Essentials) if that is what you mean is the free version of Avast One is a restricted free version (and is totally different from Avast Antivirus Free).  They have a different feature set and different User Interfaces (UI), so they aren't really two names for the same thing and confusing as hell..

where Avast Premium has additional functions only available in Avast Antivirus Premium.

However, using mentioned Avast One and Avast Premium these are completely different programs with different feature sets and there really isn't any direct comparison.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 01:49:31 PM »
Avast One (Essentials) if that is what you mean .....
I think he meant the full version of ONE because
So, I realized I had a double subscription going for both Avast One and Avast Premium. ....
there is no subscription (payment) for ONE essential

However, using mentioned Avast One and Avast Premium these are completely different programs with different feature sets and there really isn't any direct comparison.
the term "completely" is not very equivocal.
As far as I'm concerned, I'd say that avast ONE is (apart from a few things) = Premium + VPN + Driver Updater + Cleanup and that's closer to avast Ultimate.
I did not find the comparison of the 2 (3 with ONE essential) product in the store in English, but in French it gives that:
https://www.avast.com/fr-fr/store#pc
it is right that avast (at least in french) makes a direct comparison on the basic elements (antivirus and firewall in particular)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 01:52:25 PM by chris.. »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 02:57:10 PM »
Given this was posted in the Avast WEBforum » Consumer Products » Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier) sub-forum

It wasn't clear which Avast Premium is being referred to. The Avast Premium original version referred to in the sub-forum title or Avast One Premium

There is a basic comparison of sorts I just found  - https://www.avast.com/en-gb/avast-one#pc.  That is if both products are Avast ONE Essential and Avast ONE related and there is a compare option. Whilst that has a get Premium link it leads to purchasing, but I still don't see any description of the feature set of Avast ONE Premium.

After some more searching I did manage to find the English version of the link you posted, for the Avast One product family - https://www.avast.com/en-gb/store#pc  Even then I'm not entirely sure which premium version as the Icon above the listing isn't the Avast One logo.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 02:59:44 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022, 05:01:55 PM »
Avast One Premium
never heard about !!!
but if you have a link that indicates that there is a product named "Avast ONE Premium???
For me there is :
1- Avast ONE essential (free)
2- Avast ONE (paid, only for 5 devices)
3- Avast ONE Family (paid for 30 devices)

4- Avast Free
5- Avast premium security (paid for 10 devices) commonly known as "Premium" even if there is also "cleanup premium"

and there is only one "premium security" version, ... the original that has been around for years

Even then I'm not entirely sure which premium version as the Icon above the listing isn't the Avast One logo.
precisely, that means that the comparison of the store (and that of the question of RoboStrange) is made between 2 (possibly 3) vs 5.
5 having the check marks & number of devices of the original premium version.
I have never seen anything else in the store that has the same features .... even less with "ONE"
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 05:10:00 PM by chris.. »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2022, 07:49:27 PM »
<snip quotes>
and there is only one "premium security" version, ... the original that has been around for years

Which only confirms my original comment about the two products.
Quote from: DavidR

I have never really liked the Avast One concept as it isn't as configurable as the Original Avast products and for the most parts contains elements that I don't really need.