Author Topic: Hard disk usage 100% when starting the PC  (Read 14432 times)

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
Re: Hard disk usage 100% when starting the PC
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2023, 12:40:43 PM »

Hi, if everything goes well the fix could be included in the beta next week.

Jan
That is good news.

Offline jan.svoboda

• Avast team
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2023, 01:34:43 PM »
Hello, new beta was just released. Could you please give it a try and let us know if the issue is resolved now?

Thanks a lot.

Offline Nunzio77

• Poster
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2023, 06:28:25 PM »
Hello, new beta was just released. Could you please give it a try and let us know if the issue is resolved now?

Thanks a lot.
How can I install the beta? 
Do I need to download the setup file and install it over already installed Avast Free? 
Don't you run the risk of creating problems? 
Or is it better to wait for the final version?
Thank you and good day!
Nunzio
----------------------------
Avast Free - Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7500, RAM 4 Gb, SDD 512 Gb, ATI Mobile Radeon HD 2400 - Avast Mobile Security Free - Smartphone Android

Offline jan.svoboda

• Avast team
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2023, 07:49:54 AM »

Thanks a lot.
Do I need to download the setup file and install it over already installed Avast Free? 

You can get the beta via these installers: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=323031.0

Offline Nunzio77

• Poster
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2023, 08:52:54 AM »

Thanks a lot.

You can get the beta via these installers: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=323031.0

Thanks @jan.svoboda!  :)
When will the final version with this beta fix come out? Hopefully I could wait for the release of the final version with this fix.
Thank you and good day!
Nunzio
Avast Free - Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7500, RAM 4 Gb, SDD 512 Gb, ATI Mobile Radeon HD 2400 - Avast Mobile Security Free - Smartphone Android

Offline jan.svoboda

• Avast team
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2023, 09:46:39 AM »
Thanks @jan.svoboda!  :)
When will the final version with this beta fix come out? Hopefully I could wait for the release of the final version with this fix.

The final version should be released in two weeks.

Offline Philip.N2004

« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2023, 12:56:45 PM »
I have had the same issue on Win 11 22H2 for 6 months or a little more than that. I just thought it was a 22H2 thing. A bit later I thought it was a defective SSD, so I replaced it and fresh installed Win 11 on the new ssd but the 100% disk usage was still there for 20-30 minutes despite the actual transfer rate in task manager being very small and the PC being locked up/frozen for several minutes at a time. Then i replaced the sata cables but the problem persisted. I eventually uninstalled AVAST and the problem disappeared immediately after reboot. I'll try the beta to see if it helps and report back.

Is it maybe a queue depth issue or something like that or a mismatch between the new security features in Windows and drivers or something like that?

Specs: ASUS PN51-E1, Ryzen 5700U, 32GB RAM, 860 QVO 2tb, 870 EVO 2tb, Windows 11 22H2.

Edit: Nope, it worked for one reboot after Avast was uninstalled but it's back now with no Avast installed, so my problem is most likely unrelated to Avast. Sorry.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 06:44:27 PM by Philip.N2004 »

Offline Nunzio77

• Poster
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2023, 09:15:28 AM »
Anyone still experiencing this problem?
After the beta and therefore the last release of the official version, has the problem been solved?
At the moment I have uninstalled Avast Free as this problem was very annoying every time I start the PC.
Thank you and good day!
Nunzio

Offline Nunzio77

• Poster
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2023, 10:28:35 PM »
I reinstalled Avast Free and the problem seems to have been solved. 
Hard drive usage is only high for about 1 or 2 minutes after I start my PC, but I guess that's normal since I have an older PC with HDD.

Thanks Avast for fixing the problem. :D
Thank you and good day!
Nunzio