Author Topic: Avast Emails not being received  (Read 795 times)

Offline lordbyron459

Avast Emails not being received
« on: November 18, 2022, 08:22:45 PM »
Is anyone else having issues with getting emails from Avast? I think it's interesting that a few months before my "subscription renewal" periods, I received no notification to my "account name - email address" that should have stated my credit card was about to be charged. According to the useless "Avast customer service" people, I should have received an email stating their intentions to debit my card 30 days prior to the end of my subscription date. I didn't receive anything from Avast, even in my Spam folder. At the time of writing this (several hours after request my password resets, I still haven't received any emails. I'm starting to think this is NOT a coincidence. I contacted the help desk and two different customer service people tried to troubleshoot my email issue, to no avail. Every time I tried to recover my password for "My Account" (which was at least 15 times)... I never received any password reset emails from Avast. Quite a racket... turn off their email... and stay subscribed FOREVER.  I also asked two different people at the Avast "help desk" via chat, to tell me how I can "turn off" the auto renew "service".  They both couldn't explain it... they would say, "we will escalate your problem". After repeatedly explaining I haven't received any "password reset emails" from Avast... this below exchange was the final straw:

Customer Service Rep. (name withheld) (11/18/2022, 12:10:34 PM): I understand how you feel, 'name withheld'. You can go to my account and reset your password as well with this email address.

Me (11/18/2022, 12:11:13 PM): What part of "I'm not receiving emails from Avast" do you NOT understand?

After trying several old passwords, I final got into "My account".  I've updated and cancelled auto-renew for my two subscriptions. (Log into your Avast "My Account" click on the "Manage subscriptions" text and scroll down to the bottom of each subscription to the cancel subscription button. )

Major FAIL
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 08:39:35 PM by lordbyron459 »