Author Topic: can't add video downloader extension  (Read 2490 times)

Offline sandhill

can't add video downloader extension
« on: November 29, 2022, 01:25:02 AM »
When I can even find "more tools" it does not have the addons option.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: can't add video downloader extension
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 02:07:59 AM »
Well the purpose of a Secure browser is not too all all and sundry Add-ons to be added, so there will be a limited range of approved add-ons.

If you us it only for secure tasks that shouldn't be an issue, but by all accounts it does allow some.  I don't use ASB so I can't speak from personal  experience..

I suggest you read this FAQ - https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/29/#pc
Particularly scroll down to - What is Extension Guard? - and - Why does Avast Secure Browser block some downloads?

Hopefully that will give you an idea.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline manuel.nunez

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 03:50:28 AM »
I have this also, I am talking about the Video downloader extension provided by Avast.
As you can see in the image, i dont have the option for installing this extension. Why this happen? is this extension still available?

« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 03:54:02 AM by manuel.nunez »

Offline Sandu-RM

• Avast team
  • Taking care of the Secure Browser releases
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 09:31:21 AM »
I have this also, I am talking about the Video downloader extension provided by Avast.
As you can see in the image, i dont have the option for installing this extension. Why this happen? is this extension still available?

Hi,

did you check the Extensions (secure://extensions/) page? It looks like you already have it installed but probably it's not enabled.

Sandu

Offline waking

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2023, 08:23:24 PM »

From the menu Extensions->Manage Extensions make sure that
you have "Developer mode" turned on:

« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 08:32:23 PM by waking »

Offline manuel.nunez

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2023, 04:08:07 AM »
Oh really, that was the thing. As Sandu said I had it installed but was disactivated or not showing because of that Developer Mode.

Thank you Waking Sandu.