Author Topic: uninstall free AV 2015  (Read 725 times)

Offline wayne.robey

uninstall free AV 2015
« on: November 30, 2022, 04:26:14 PM »
I was reloading all the software on a machine running MS Windows XP and read that the free 2014 version was the latest that would run on XP so I found and installed it and it ran but told me that there was a update. That seems to be wrong info but I did install waht I think is a 2015 version. Now it says aswProperty.dll does not contain entry point GetProperty@settings@asw@@YAVPB_WPAH@Z  so I trierd to uninstall it but that is a problem. I set the start up options in mssetup to not load it but the serring is restored and avastsvc.exe is running. I booted in safe mode and avastsvc.exe did not run so I tried the uninstall. An AVAST program runs giving ther options of repair or change modules. The repair did no good and after unchecking all the options in change, avastsvc.exe still runs in normal mode. I found the program avastclear10r4exe and it starts but does not get to the point of asking me to restart in safe mode. I tried a restore point before this "upgrade" but it did not remove the new AV. I am not going to reformat the disk and install everything again just to get a working AV. Any other ideas?

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
Re: uninstall free AV 2015
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 07:44:29 PM »
To uninstall avast antivirus you need to download the avastclear.exe removal tool to do the job properly. @bob3160 has shared the latest version of avast for WinXP and the appropriate avastclear.exe files.
Have a look here: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=220639.msg1569407#msg1569407

Note avast 18.8 is the latest version you can use on WinXP. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 07:47:00 PM by rocksteady »