Author Topic: IE 7 Issues  (Read 1846 times)

Velvetangels

IE 7 Issues
« on: December 22, 2007, 09:08:47 PM »
Ok so I have installed Avast! 4.7 on all of my computers. 

My computer works just fine.  However, my mother's computer which updated itself with Internet Explorer 7 is having problems.  Avast! is running fine, except IE7 no longer runs correctly unless she turns off Avast! .   She can not surf to any websites while Avast! is running in the background.   However if we turn off Avast! it surfs just fine to the different websites.  I have IE7 on my computer as well.

Is there anyone else who is having this problem? if so, how did you fix this?  I am very confused as to why her computer has this problem, yet my own does not.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: IE 7 Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 09:42:47 PM »
Which firewall does she use? Is ashWebSv.exe (WebShield from avast) allowed to connect?
Is there any other antivirus installed in your mother's computer?
The best things in life are free.

Velvetangels

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 10:02:29 PM »
There is nothing else installed on the computer. we have completely uninstalled McAfee.  She is using the Windows firewall..  In fact i think she has the firewall turned off completely.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 10:53:57 PM »
avast doesn't use a browser to update, it is independent of a browser.

McAfee has an uninstall tool that you could run to ensure any possible remnants are removed.
http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/VSCleanupTool.exe
2007 version - http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 03:18:34 PM »
In fact i think she has the firewall turned off completely.
It's not safe. She does not have to do it...

Did you try to uninstall McAfee leftovers with the tool David posted?
The best things in life are free.