Author Topic: Long time customer, uninstalled Avast.  (Read 624 times)

Offline mndemo85

Long time customer, uninstalled Avast.
« on: December 07, 2022, 07:29:12 AM »
Avast is really getting aggressive with their upselling.  Twice now I have been knocked out of a full screen game because either an update happened or Avast just felt like interrupting my live stream on Twitch.  I have all settings to show me things disabled, silent/gaming mode and it'll randomly drop me popups.. even while typing.  I get tabbed out of my game for this window, because firing in my game some how interacts with it behind my game window.. I rage and close that window only to get one immediately after asking for money to upgrade.  This is while streaming on OBS to Twitch as an affiliated content creator.  It started messing with my firewall settings and disrupted a few things as it was attempting to upgrade to Avast One without my permission or knowledge.  I did not authorize anything, it started doing it's own thing.. uninstalling it reversed what was done.  I just want something simple that does not bother me at all, something that follows update schedules or can detect low usage and optimal times to do stuff.  It was a good run, but numerous times I've been kneecapped by this program.