Author Topic: Concerning the 'changing online fingerprint' function in Webshield  (Read 605 times)

Offline Harry S.

Hello!

In short, I would like to ask whether the 'Automatic changing of online fingerprint' function in Webshield still exists, or that function has been deleted.

My observation:
1. Originally my Avast free antivirus was staying in version 22.6 (or 22.7), I checked the settings in Webshield and discovered the 'Enable automatic changing of online fingerprint' item has disappeared.

2. I carried out a repair and that changing  online fingerprint option appeared again in its original location, i.e. directly under 'Enable script scanning'

3. I checked later in the same day, that 'changing of online fingerprint' item disappeared again.

4. I uninstalled Avast and reinstalled it. Now, my version of free antivirus is 22.12.6044 and I immediately check the settings after reinstalling, there is no changing online fingerprint function in Webshield. For reference, my window version is window 10, 21H2.

As a result, I would like to see if there is something wrong, or in fact that changing online fingerprint function in Webshield has already been cancelled.

Thanks all of you in advance.

Have a nice day.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 05:38:13 PM by Harry S. »