Author Topic: Windows Security Center Servise help please (SOLVED)  (Read 9443 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Windows Security Center Servise help please (SOLVED)
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 07:58:52 PM »
Avast of course 8)
I suggest the use of AVG Antispyware; SUPERantispyware and/or Spyware Terminator to scan for spywares and trojans. If any infection is detected, better and safer is send the file to Quarantine than to simple delete than.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007, 08:04:50 PM »
I would reorder the suggestion SAS, AVG-AS and then ST.

I feel AVG-AS simply isn't keeping up and SAS has better detections, you only have to look at the more detailed malware removal topics in the Viruses & Worms forum. The only reason I don't put ST before AVG-AS is because it is a Resident anti-spyware, and AVG-AS is resident during the 30 day trial.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2007, 01:17:20 PM »
I would reorder the suggestion SAS, AVG-AS and then ST.

I feel AVG-AS simply isn't keeping up and SAS has better detections, you only have to look at the more detailed malware removal topics in the Viruses & Worms forum. The only reason I don't put ST before AVG-AS is because it is a Resident anti-spyware, and AVG-AS is resident during the 30 day trial.
I just made afull scan with AVG-AS and a-squared free 3.1, and both of them showed nothing suspirious.

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2007, 02:51:33 PM »
Although this topic isn't malware related so it is unlikely to find anything other than the usual cookies, bit of a waste and often over hyped as a serious issue.

So what would really be interesting (more so for me, than someone with a possible infection) would be, if an infection is suspected is to run those two, followed by SAS. However, not wanting to wish an infection on anyone to test a theory, I take the advice of those regularly cleaning up infected systems. essexboy, oldman and mouserme often there first tool is SAS because of its better performance.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2007, 04:36:23 PM »
backing up a few posts above... Now I recall, that I have manually throw away the WSCS from startup  :P

micky77

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2007, 07:18:20 PM »
backing up a few posts above... Now I recall, that I have manually throw away the WSCS from startup  :P
:o :o :o