Author Topic: win32:sality-o  (Read 2646 times)

cafe

win32:sality-o
« on: January 26, 2008, 01:50:50 AM »
Avast detected this trojan win32:sality-o . However, we have been not able to delete it. I looked for some info here, but we found nothing. Is there anyone, please, that help up to have a clue how to delete it from our computer. We are currently using the last version of the professional edition.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 01:53:22 AM by cafe »

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
Re: win32:sality-o
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 12:10:37 PM »
http://www.ca.com/us/securityadvisor/virusinfo/virus.aspx?id=52797

Try a boot time scan with avast! Right click the scanner screen, select 'schedule a boot time scan' and reboot when requested.

It's a file infector, so you may find various .exe's infected. Don't know if avast! will be able to repair them.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: win32:sality-o
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 02:20:59 PM »
What is the infected file name, where was it found e.g. (C:\windows\system32\infected-file-name.xxx) ?  Check the avast! Log Viewer (right click the avast 'a' icon), Warning section, this contains information on all avast detections.

Why couldn't you delete it, what errors were displayed, etc. ?
As Frank said a boot time scan should be able to get round this problem, if it was permissions or in use errors that stopped you.
Or do you mean it keeps coming back ?

Deletion isn't really a good first option (you have none left), 'first do no harm' don't delete, send virus to the chest and investigate.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security