Author Topic: TONS OF NEW ALARMS  (Read 14583 times)

Pavel Baudis

Re:TONS OF NEW ALARMS
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2004, 06:11:17 PM »
I believe I also am getting false positives on files over a year old. I am still getting them with VPS 0403-7.

Did you send them to virus@avast.com ? This is the only way we can see them and if they are really false positives, the detection will be corrected ASAP.

Pavel

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2004, 06:48:49 PM »
Pavel, I'll turn on my computer and try to update...
Sorry for the impatience... Thanks for the corrections  8)
The best things in life are free.

spiketoo

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2004, 06:52:27 PM »
Well, first I couldn't even copy the files from the 'moved' folder - access was denied (logged on as Admin). Then, via avast scan, I moved the files from the 'moved' folder to 'chest'. However, these files would not display via the Chest Viewer. 8 files were present in the chest (via Explorer), but index.xml only showed entries for the 6 system files.

I used the word 'were' in the chest because I was getting an avast error when I attempted to start the antivirus pgm - could not complete the memory test - something about cannot load system somethingorother - I'm sorry, I tried to screen print the error but I couldn't. So I just reinstalled the entire program.

I've been impressed by the sophistication and ease of use of this program, however I now have grave concerns based on the incidents of today.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2004, 07:02:55 PM »
spiketoo, if you have troubles with the Chest, probably because a non-succesfull installation, the behavior of the software won't be that one which is planned for... If you reinstall the program right now you will be able to post any further problem and we will try to help you (if we can).  :-\

Steele

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2004, 07:11:31 PM »
Wow  :o

So it turns out I'm not alone here with the possible false positives??  ???

At any rate.... I moved ALL of those files to the chest then I extracted them to be put into a .ZIP file and sent them to the Avast team to analyze.

Like I said, those files have been in my temp folder since Christmas and I have NEVER ONCE picked up a virus from my temp folder....especialy all the ones from EBAY!  :-[

Hope this is fixed soon!
I did my part by contributing and sending the files to avast  ;D

Kindest regards,

~ Steele Wolf ~

Steele

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2004, 08:22:29 PM »
VPS 0403-7 has fixed yesterdays problem for me.

VPS 0403-6 generated all those false positives in my screen-shot, but I re-scanned those files today with the new VPS and they all pass!  ;D

I still however see that this latest VPS is still casuing problems.  :-\

Technical, I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you as you use Auto-It, and no longer can use your PC for this task. Pretty weird stuff how every file you MAKE comes out as a virus! A false one of course...but still.  :'(

I'm sure your problem will be cleared up very soon.
The question is: Will it be today? And will it be in the NEXT VPS version?  :-\

I hope so!
It is very possible for two VPS releases in one day.
It's happened before?  :)

Best of luck Technical,
~ Steele Wolf ~

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2004, 08:50:10 PM »
Technical, I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you as you use Auto-It, and no longer can use your PC for this task. Pretty weird stuff how every file you MAKE comes out as a virus! A false one of course...but still.  :'(
I'm sure your problem will be cleared up very soon.
The question is: Will it be today? And will it be in the NEXT VPS version?  :-\
I hope so!

Thanks, VPS 0403-7 has fixed all problems with AutoIt compiled scripts.
I'm on my XP system again  :)

It is very possible for two VPS releases in one day.
It's happened before?  :)

Yes, this already happened before. But today, at least for me, it was not necessary, just one new VPS was enough. Thanks avast team  :-*

SKYCOMP

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2004, 11:53:45 PM »
False positives!

Please, avast! team see this 403-6 VPS file!  :(

We are working on it right now - another set of Trojan-gens has been added last night. While most of the alarms are real one, there are two false alarms. We will remove them and release the update today (together with the FP reported from you)..

Pavel

That should be sufficient in this case, however can you explain what a Trojano-025 is, taken from the Avast! alert system? It is still not clearly defined or perhaps you can provide the resource base that can further explain this "virus alert".

SKYCOMP

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2004, 03:10:48 AM »
False positives!

Please, avast! team see this 403-6 VPS file!  :(

We are working on it right now - another set of Trojan-gens has been added last night. While most of the alarms are real one, there are two false alarms. We will remove them and release the update today (together with the FP reported from you)..

Pavel

Good job Pavel, keep in mind as long as we have the cooperation from the many,you will always be able to correct the few. (FP's) Please continue to do the best you can, pretty soon the FP reviews i've read as a downside will have to eat their words.

tapsu

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2004, 12:12:31 PM »
I too had new viruses found every time I scanned my email files... but it were the same files over and over again, even though Avast was suposedly removed them? In the end, I removed the (empty) folders where the viruses had originally been, and now it's OK.
 ???