Author Topic: auto update not compatible with sierra 10.12.6  (Read 4251 times)

Offline Larry34

auto update not compatible with sierra 10.12.6
« on: December 30, 2022, 05:28:50 AM »
Hi, when avast browser auto updates itself my os 10.12.6 sierra tells me it is not compatible with 10.12.6, that I need to upgrade to 10.13 high sierra. The info here at Avast says it is compatible. I have Avast browser ver. 99 it works fine until it updates. Is there any way to stop the auto update? Or any other way to deal with this? I have tried downloading the current version, it won't work, same thing my mac tells me I must upgrade to high sierra. thanks anyone who can help me here. Larry34

Offline Sandu-RM

• Avast team
  • Taking care of the Secure Browser releases
Re: auto update not compatible with sierra 10.12.6
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 03:28:13 PM »
Hi, when avast browser auto updates itself my os 10.12.6 sierra tells me it is not compatible with 10.12.6, that I need to upgrade to 10.13 high sierra. The info here at Avast says it is compatible. I have Avast browser ver. 99 it works fine until it updates. Is there any way to stop the auto update? Or any other way to deal with this? I have tried downloading the current version, it won't work, same thing my mac tells me I must upgrade to high sierra. thanks anyone who can help me here. Larry34

Hi,

our FAQ is going through an update now and we'll update the minimum requirements, too. Regarding a way how to stop the updates, I will ask our development team and get back to you.

Thank you.

Offline Sandu-RM

• Avast team
  • Taking care of the Secure Browser releases
Re: auto update not compatible with sierra 10.12.6
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 04:28:06 PM »
Hi,

I've received a response from our development team:
Unfortunately, you cannot stop updating process. The only workaround is to not restart the browser when it prompts that a new update is available for you. Also, we don’t fully support versions before Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur. When users are running macOS Sierra version 10.12.6, our browser doesn’t have the necessary rights to update for such an old version, as CatalinaOS changed a lot since February 2020.

Thank you for understanding.

Sandu