Author Topic: Avast Blocking Access to my Files  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Corinthian71

Avast Blocking Access to my Files
« on: January 11, 2023, 11:25:05 PM »
Short version ... while attempting to access various files, I am prompted with an access permissions error. Disable avast and I can access the files.

Why and how can I correct?

Offline Jack6502

• Hi
Re: Avast Blocking Access to my Files
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 02:15:20 PM »
Unblocking a Program. Open Avast Free Antivirus, then click "Antivirus" followed by "Settings." You can paste the file paths you copied in the “File path” field where you see “(enter file path).” Click “Add” and the program will be excluded from all of Avast's protection shields, including virus scanning.
business growth is productivity tracking

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Blocking Access to my Files
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 05:12:59 PM »
Short version ... while attempting to access various files, I am prompted with an access permissions error. Disable avast and I can access the files.

Why and how can I correct?

This rather depends on the file/s location/s and file type/s (?) - see attached screenshot, click to expand.

This may well be the Ransomware Shield in action, a screenshot of the blocking in action might help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security