Author Topic: Unsolved Bug: behavior shield does not use exclusions correctly + no wildcards!  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Tom610

Guys, this issue has been around several month now (#15814728). At least since may 2022.

Behavior shield will detect files, that should not be since they are configured within behavior shield exclusions...
This is a big problem for us since we have many customers that use special applications (GOV customer).

This is so frustrating but also so embarrassing for Avast because this problem was not solved up until now. So sorry guys maybe complaints here in the forum will speed up things?!?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 07:30:51 AM by Tom610 »

Offline Tom610

Re: Unsolved Bug: behavior shield does not use exclusions correctly
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 12:34:34 PM »
Update on this:

After discussion with a technical rep. I understand that BS is originally comming from Avast consumer Antivirus... The lack of using wildcards is becaus of the responsible developer is unwilling to change the code...  :(

I contacted further Avast representives (produc management) in order to escalate this issue.

Today we got an Avast mail where they announce making BS also available for server OS!

I really hope that Avast is discussing this whole topic with its partners. Without wildcard this component is just garbage in business environment!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 09:20:36 PM by Tom610 »

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
On the consumer product 23.3, Behavior Shield has changes:

"The Ransomware shield and Password protection components are now dependent on the Behavior shield. So if one of these two shields is installed, the Behavior shield cannot be removed.The dependency has been introduced for better experience in repetitive detections/block persisted in WMI events and better security.This dependency is described in popup help, but we know that this is not obvious enough, so the component list will be modified in the next version and the dependency will be immediately evident.Thank you for your understanding."
"A design change and description in popup help will be modified. "

I suposee that on a near future, the same changes will apply to Business.