Author Topic: Won't Print Through VPN - Poor Customer Service  (Read 3261 times)

Offline zoom3888

Won't Print Through VPN - Poor Customer Service
« on: January 27, 2023, 02:41:59 AM »
Good evening,

I had a Windows 7 computer in which I had a paid version of Avast SL VPN operating.  It wasn't perfect but I was getting by.  So recently I upgraded my OS to Windows 10.  In doing so I did a fresh install of the SL VPN.   It didn't take long but I found some issues on my Win 10 system. 

The two main issues I found are:
1 - Can't print while the VPN is active.
2 - Can't connect to my Unifi Network Controller while the VPN is active.

I contacted tech support they tried some different settings such as checking the box "Enable local device access when using VPN" with no success.  They then reinstalled/repaired the installation, again with no success.  So after they couldn't correct the issues, they advised they were bumping it to a higher tech group and I will be contacted in a few days.  That was three weeks ago, no contact.  Since I am past the 30 days to get a refund, I'm stuck with this junk until 2025.  That being said, does anyone out there have a solution?  I really shouldn't have to manually turn off the vpn to print or connect to my network controller.

Win10
Cannon TR8620 printer
Avast AV Free edition 

Offline zoom3888

Re: Won't Print Through VPN - Poor Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 04:00:46 PM »
So after 4 weeks "Avast’s senior support team" finally contacted me by email with a solution.  The solution actually did work so if anyone has a similar issue, go to the article at the following link:

https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/SecureLine-VPN-exclude-server#pc