Author Topic: Avast Clients got stuck in communication - leading to several problems  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Tom610

My experience from over 2 year of working with Avast in conjunction with the hub:

1. Customers who can't install the client using a specific global policy. He needed to use another policy, than it worked... Until today it was only one customers out of 84 that had this problem.
2. Clients that have problems executing tasks comming from the hub. Theses tasks will just got stuck in the clients tasks view of the hub. Troubleshooting with Avast support resulted in Error 6020 --> - MessageProcessor::netCarrier: HTTP Status [400], request len [495], response len [53], url [http://bconsole-avm-pro-ams.ff.avast.com:80/handle]
- PlgMngtic failed >http://bconsole-avm-pro-ams.ff.avast.com:80/handle< Proxy[0] rc = [-3]

In those cases the Avast support comes with standard advice to check the firewall settings.... Yes thats anoying since you always get the feeling that theses think you are a dumb end user...

Anyway the solution for the 2. problem was just a reinstallation. After that the client was cleaned up, and new tasks where sucessfully executed.
Problem with this is that the hub will loos the entire history of task, also installed patches...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 04:04:17 PM by Tom610 »

Offline tomsc

• Avast team
Re: Avat Clients got stuck in communication - leading to several problems
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 02:43:04 PM »
Can you please PM me a support package name? I can check if this is known issue I can give you reference to. Thank you.

Offline Tom610

Re: Avat Clients got stuck in communication - leading to several problems
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023, 03:15:43 PM »
PM is out!

Offline Tom610

Re: Avast Clients got stuck in communication - leading to several problems
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2023, 04:22:56 PM »
I got word from support that the problem with communication within the log files is a known issue that support team has already disscussed with develpoment. Please see case 17265262  for more information.

This will result in a common error which I call here: "communication problem" but which is indeed a completely diffrent problem/cause.

I think it is clear that this is pretty bad since a common erro that is actually a diffrent problem will often lead to one workaround: reinstallation... This will prevent advanced troubleshooting for common problems which could be solved diffrently... pretty bad solution Avast!!!!