Author Topic: How do I delete my passwords and identifiers that are on your servers!?  (Read 3191 times)

Offline adia32

As avast password is EOL and I upgraded to sticky password premium I wanted to remove avast password from antivirus and all my passwords. I started by deleting the synchronized devices, there was an old one and the one I was on, it deleted all the data as it was indicated in the warning. I then uninstalled the free avast password component and restarted the computer.

I wanted to know if my passwords were still somewhere on the avast servers(cloud). I did a quick search, came across an avast forum post that said the passwords weren't in the cloud, only synced, everything stayed on the computers. To be sure I reinstalled the avast password component. I went to the synchronization part of this component and as it was indicated I entered my username and password from my avast account, I received a code by email, I entered it. All my passwords and identifiers had returned while I no longer had any devices synchronized in avast password before reinstalling it, I also had no other computer on.

It means that the passwords are stored on servers. How to remove them from servers? Do i have to delete my avast account and recreate one?

Offline adia32

Re: How do I delete my passwords and identifiers that are on your servers!?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 07:41:51 PM »
I found a workaround. I deleted all my passwords and username from avast password, then I created a fake username and password in avast password. This fake password has been synchronized with the avast servers (go to setting>synchronization and backup) and I guess now on your servers there is only this fake password/id.