Author Topic: If I'm not signing up to buy your VPN, one possible reason is that Ihave another  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Erick8

Could we please give us an option to quit getting this notice every time we turn around? I'm paid up for a year with another service, and I'm paid up a year with you. The VPN service doesn't get in the way of my work/play/daydreaming, you guys do. You are creating an incentive for me to replace my Anti-virus instead of my VPN. What I would like to do is just keep what I have the same and not think about it more than once a year when it comes time to resubscribe.

Sorry, but consistent interruptions are very annoying and insulting.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I don't believe Avast actually checks to see if you have a VPN installed, some might consider that intrusive also.

However there used to be an option in the Avast Settings for those with paid versions of Avast not to be offered other Avast products.

It used to be in the Avast UI > Menu > Settings > General > Personal Privacy - section.  As I only use Avast Free my options are very limited and certainly wouldn't have that option.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Brian98

This is also why I'm here. Marketing popups are unacceptable but seems like there are no ways to turn it off. Would be grateful to know if this is even an option.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
You don't say when you are seeing these, I suspect it may be when running the Smart Scan.

However if you have a paid version of Avast:
See - https://support.avast.com/en-gb/article/antivirus-popup-notifications/#pc
Scroll down to Stop offers for other products.
If you use Avast Premium Security, you can additionally stop seeing offers for other Avast products.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security