Author Topic: Problem with "Avast antivirus is loading"  (Read 3863 times)

Offline Dominik20

Problem with "Avast antivirus is loading"
« on: January 31, 2023, 06:28:46 PM »
Today I restarted my computer and this showed up,  ''Avast Antivirus is loading"
I'm really scared and I don't know what to do. I tried ctrl+alt+delete, but It didn't work. It's just white rectangle with text "Avast Antivirus is loading" and green bar is running below it.
I can't send the image it's too big. If I could I would send it to your email
For the picture
Please text me on my email : silver08stone@gmail.com

Offline MrDJ

Re: Problem with "Avast antivirus is loading"
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 07:18:19 PM »
which antivirus have you got loaded and is it free or paid version.

is this what you have below? and did you click on boot time scan to run on next boot up.

if yes, then this is a known issue with boot time scan and can be reverted back to the original boot time scan in hidden geek area.

if after every time you reboot this shows up then i cant remember how i actually got out of it but turning pc off, removing power cable for 15 minutes then trying again may, i say MAY clear the memory.
once you can log in again hunt down the he=idden geek area here https://support.avast.com/en-en/article/Use-Antivirus-Geek-settings/#pc
dont tick or untick anything else except in my second picture. once unticked then reboot and when you run boot time scan next time it will use the older version with a black screen.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 07:34:31 PM by MrDJ »
Clevo P502 Laptop i7 3720QM 2.60GHz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GTX 680M, Crucial 512 SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, over 12 years old and still super fast.