Author Topic: Avast Secure Browser on MAC: Banking Option missing  (Read 2645 times)

Offline michael.faden

Avast Secure Browser on MAC: Banking Option missing
« on: February 01, 2023, 02:04:53 PM »
Hi,

I'm running Avast Premium Security an Avast Secure Bowser on my Mac (Apple Silicon, OS Ventura).
The bowser doesn't provide me the option to start a banking window.

Any ideas?

Thx in advance
Michael

Offline Sandu-RM

• Avast team
  • Taking care of the Secure Browser releases
Re: Avast Secure Browser on MAC: Banking Option missing
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 02:09:42 PM »
Hi,

I'm running Avast Premium Security an Avast Secure Bowser on my Mac (Apple Silicon, OS Ventura).
The bowser doesn't provide me the option to start a banking window.

Any ideas?

Thx in advance
Michael

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately, Bank mode is available only on Windows devices with Avast AV installed.

Sandu

Offline Martin148

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 11:12:47 PM »
Dear Sandu-RM,

I have exactly the same problem as the other user; there is no Bank Mode present in my Avast Secure Browser. Problem is I kept Avast partly for that purpose, while switching from Windows to Mac, and this option seems absent now. I do love your Avast products, so that was a no-brainer for me. You replied saying there was no Bank Mode on Mac, but here is the proof on your website that there should be one. Here it is:

https://www.avast.com/secure-browser?_ga=2.105452545.38530788.1677769658-1133677327.1677759547#mac

We can clearly see a Mac window open, with Avast Secure Browser running and the Bank Mode module available.
I paid for the Avast AV, partly to have that option. So, what is going on? Is that option being cancelled, deleted, or coming back soon? Maybe there is a way to activate it in some settings?

I need to know so that I can pay in a secure way on the Internet, relying on the best protection coming from your company.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Martin148

Offline Martin148

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2023, 08:05:01 PM »
Dear Avast Team,

I didn't get any answer to my last message...
Before renewing my subscription and switching from Windows to Mac, I saw the bank mode in the Avast Secure Browser page on your website, shown on a MacOS.
I don't know how to post images in this forum, so if anyone can help...
The website page has been changed since then, but I still have my screenshot.
Plus, I keep receiving emails from Avast saying that the security is not assured when just using a Private page, and that I should use Bank Mode. It is nowhere to be seen on the advertising website page or in the emails coming from Avast that Bank Mode is only available for Windows.

As your company said, it is better to use Bank Mode to get the best protection as possible, but the button is not present in the Mac version of the Avast Secure Browser.

Can you please help me with this case (and with the posting of the printscreen)?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 08:14:45 PM by Martin148 »

Offline Sandu-RM

• Avast team
  • Taking care of the Secure Browser releases
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2023, 09:47:33 AM »
Dear Avast Team,

I didn't get any answer to my last message...
Before renewing my subscription and switching from Windows to Mac, I saw the bank mode in the Avast Secure Browser page on your website, shown on a MacOS.
I don't know how to post images in this forum, so if anyone can help...
The website page has been changed since then, but I still have my screenshot.
Plus, I keep receiving emails from Avast saying that the security is not assured when just using a Private page, and that I should use Bank Mode. It is nowhere to be seen on the advertising website page or in the emails coming from Avast that Bank Mode is only available for Windows.

As your company said, it is better to use Bank Mode to get the best protection as possible, but the button is not present in the Mac version of the Avast Secure Browser.

Can you please help me with this case (and with the posting of the printscreen)?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Hi,

please accept my apologies for not coming back to you with a reply earlier. As already mentioned above, Bank Mode is available only for Windows OS. What you have probably seen on the website was just an illustration, there couldn't have been specific information on Bank Mode for macOS since it's unavailable.

In order to attach a screenshot, when composing the message you should see below the input form a button called "Attachments and other options".

Thank you.

Best regards,

Sandu