Author Topic: New beta version 23.2.6050  (Read 2475 times)

Offline jan.svoboda

• Avast team
New beta version 23.2.6050
« on: February 09, 2023, 03:48:31 PM »
Hi everyone,

there is a new beta version ready - 23.2.6050 (build 23.2.7906).

What's new
Bank mode - extending this feature for premium customers. It promotes and offer switch to Bank Mode secure desktop when you are at logging into your bank. Let us know if your bank is not on the list to help improve the feature. Currently, we support Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Avast Secure Browser.
New HNS toaster - if the automatic turbo scan of network finds issue it's immediately reported in the private/public network dialog.
Smart Scan - redesigned the smart scan offers.

Known issues
The bank mode offer toaster does not work when you visit the banking page in Firefox browser.
Cleanup related parts of Smart scan does not work correctly (they will not find any issue).
Smart scan could be stuck on the first page during the first smart scan run (reopen UI should fix it).
It might happen that the Network inspector scan will not show you the results.
You may encounter the AV service crash.

Download links
Avast Free: https://bits.avcdn.net/productfamily_ANTIVIRUS/insttype_FREE/platform_WIN/installertype_ONLINE/build_BETA
Avast Premium: https://bits.avcdn.net/productfamily_ANTIVIRUS/insttype_APR/platform_WIN/installertype_ONLINE/build_BETA
Avast Clear: https://s-beta9x.avcdn.net/beta9x/avastclear.exe

Enjoy this beta!
We are looking forward to your feedback.

AVAST Team

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
Re: New beta version 23.2.6050
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 01:26:09 AM »
Thanks for the new beta :)
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline Simion

• Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 04:10:44 AM »
I updated through the UI without issue. Bank Mode ran okay with Edge, though is quite clumsy and likely not something I will use.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2023, 12:05:16 PM »
I updated through the UI without issue. Bank Mode ran okay with Edge, though is quite clumsy and likely not something I will use.

more specific comment would help to improve it for other users... What exactly didn't work as expected or how it didn't meet your expectations. Thx!
Quality is also a feature.

Offline Simion

• Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2023, 02:45:46 AM »

more specific comment would help to improve it for other users... What exactly didn't work as expected or how it didn't meet your expectations. Thx!
Hi Lukas, I think the biggest problem for me is how clunky it is switching from the bank mode Edge to the desktop and back. I normally use Windows and third party apps while accessing my banks' websites. Some specifics would be an accounting app, screenshot/snipping tool, and calculator. Desktop apps are not accessible from within bank mode Edge, and Edge's built-in tools are not accessible from the desktop. I hope this makes sense. :)