Author Topic: NEW Avast Version 23.1 (January 2023)  (Read 17762 times)

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
Re: NEW Avast Version 23.1 (January 2023)
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2023, 11:15:24 AM »
Wow!  @rocksteady says I may be right.  No one has ever done that to me before.  This is a pivotal moment in my life.  ;D
I have to take back my observation.
Today AvastSvc.exe thrashed my HDD for more than 10mins on startup. There was a Win10 update yesterday, I don't know if that was a factor.

Offline mail1

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2023, 04:35:22 PM »
I have never had any major issues with Avast free.  But this January 31 update has caused problems with my Brother scanner.  Specifically, it's ability to scan and OCR a PDF document.  Using the Brother ControlCenter4 app I can scan a doc and save it to normal PDF (without the OCR layer).  But if I tell ControlCenter4 to OCR and save to PDF the app locks up.  I have to kill the ControlCenter4 app in task manager.  I don't see any log in Avast or Windows Event Log indicating what's happening.  I make an image backup of my system every night.  I have rolled back to the image the day before I updated Avast.  I'm sitting on the Avast December version and my scanner problems are gone.  So I will just stay on this December version for the time being.  Any idea if this is a known problem and/or being addressed?  I can probably do some debug logging later today and send it to Avast support if that would help.  Thanks.

Offline Geryu

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2023, 03:13:04 PM »
having same problem with razer central services getting really high cpu usage and the razer synapse lagging real bad after installation of avast.

Offline Y@W

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2023, 11:15:34 AM »
I want to report a potential conflict with razer software. My laptop is a razer blade and razer central service is installed. After I tried to upgrade avast free ver from ver22.6 to 23.1, the razer central service began to consume CPU resource all the time. I tried to close the service and restart it, but avast reminded me that "Razer Synapse Service.sys" was a buggy driver and wouldn't allow to launch. I also tried to add the file or the folder to the trusted list but still no work. I have to uninstall avast since my laptop relied on razer software. Please fix that, thx.

My razer central version is 7.3.32.190, razer synapse version is 3.6.1215.121004

Try this
https://github.com/skawamoto0/Workaround-for-Avast-23.1-and-Razer-Synapse-3
https://t.co/QrGVBL9Klu

Offline Peter182

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2023, 12:37:11 PM »
I want to report a potential conflict with bankingtools cashflow 5 in this new version . It start use a lot of cpu power.

Offline GEGEPING

• Ma Galerie Flickr
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2023, 05:43:38 PM »
Hi,

First i'm logged with a vpn as french connexion made error... :o :o :o

I have issue with the current version:

With the previous, all my software running well ;D

The most important is DxoLab pro 4.36, no problem with the previous avast version.

But asap i updated, something wrong with my software.

Impossible to select a folder to save the picture.

Before the mentioned conclusion written upper ( avast guilty), i uninstall my soft and install again, same think.

I launch my soft in safe mode and perfom a picture, it's worked fine 8)

So, reboot and unsintall avast the last version with avastclear reboot, did once again a picture and no problem at all :D

To be sure that the previous version was running fine, i install again, reboot and test again a picture on dxolab ;)

And it's working fine :P :P :P

So, don't know whats wrong with the new version, but i loose 2hrs and have my computer protected with a old version.

Hope you can understand and help me too ;D

Gerald

RIP Bx TZD TURBO 520140kms le 15/08/2015 et 26ans
Xantia ok jusqu'en 2026 et la C3 même punition@:
Dédicace à une fille merveilleuse Chloé qui a bien grandi:-)
Tonton d'une nièce nommée Chloé ^^ et du Mathieu dit le chinois

Offline stevenmurray.consulting

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2023, 12:56:34 AM »
Hello, since the update I have been having serious file access issues. First with Word and Excel, now with Acrobat Reader Dcbut not aith all pdf files. File access denied. I've tried to access File Pdotection to turn it off, but I cannot do that either.

Offline GEGEPING

• Ma Galerie Flickr
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2023, 07:29:28 AM »
Hello, since the update I have been having serious file access issues. First with Word and Excel, now with Acrobat Reader Dcbut not aith all pdf files. File access denied. I've tried to access File Pdotection to turn it off, but I cannot do that either.

Hi,

Did you downgrade to the previous version?

I did it due to problem with my DxoLab Pro and no problem after :)

The last version, refuse without warning to access to any folder to creat the pictures :o :o

So, now i'm running with a previous version, hope really that they can provide patch :P

Have a good Sunday too  ;D

Gerald
RIP Bx TZD TURBO 520140kms le 15/08/2015 et 26ans
Xantia ok jusqu'en 2026 et la C3 même punition@:
Dédicace à une fille merveilleuse Chloé qui a bien grandi:-)
Tonton d'une nièce nommée Chloé ^^ et du Mathieu dit le chinois

Offline stevenmurray.consulting

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2023, 01:09:50 PM »

Hi,

The last version, refuse without warning to access to any folder to creat the pictures :o :o

So, now i'm running with a previous version, hope really that they can provide patch :P

Gerald

Stupid question - where can I find the previous version to downgrade to?

Offline Suigintou

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2023, 06:35:26 PM »
Please link to previous version, thank you.  8)

Hi,

Gerald

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2023, 08:07:14 PM »
Avast doesn't ordinarily give links to old versions.

You would need to download from the likes of filehippo, https://filehippo.com/download_avast-antivirus/history/
Though I don't know what program/product you are using as the Above is only for the Avast Free product as far as I'm aware.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Suigintou

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2023, 10:18:07 PM »
Avast Free.
Unfortunately, versions on filehippo and similar are several years old (2020) :(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2023, 11:49:14 PM »
There are other file depositories, though I can't recall any from memory.

If you did a system backup before updating Avast you could try a roll back to that point.  Otherwise it may be having to wait for a fix.

I keep my program updates set to Manual.  Also at the top of this topic there is a link to the off-line installation file worth keeping that just in case you have to go back I don't have the 22.12.xxxx offline installation file.

Edit:  I found this, https://www.techspot.com/downloads/223-avast-home-edition.html which is still reporting it as 22.12.xxxx now I don't know if they will have updated to 23.1.xxx yet.  I also don't know if this is a stub installer of the full offline installation file.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 11:55:49 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Kalman

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2023, 04:42:09 PM »
Looks like you may have a bug in your update server.
On all my computers and the ones I support the following issue occurs.
When You check for updates this message appears
"Avast Premium Security Update is Available"
The update message which does not allow you to actually update is the same version that is already installed.
This has been occurring for weeks, thought you guys would of already seen this and fixed it.

Offline El Narizon

• Die Forensoftware ist nicht zeitgemäß
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2023, 08:19:05 PM »
Looks like you may have a bug in your update server.
If that is a bug you may be lucky. Read all the posts above.