Author Topic: Message service and CMHProvider - possible false positive  (Read 1942 times)

Offline BTIsaac

Message service and CMHProvider - possible false positive
« on: February 10, 2023, 02:25:25 PM »
Hello there. I have recently scanned my device after a virus database update, and it came up with three issues. The apps labeled "malware" were not recent ones, in fact, I'm pretty sure they were on my tablet when I purchased it years ago. CMHProvider is a core android app, and I confirmed that that is what was flagged, and not a different app with the same name. I'm also more or less certain that Message Service too has always been around. The third one was called Smart Things, with a transparent Smartthings logo as the icon - this too has been around for years, but I deleted it (tapping the icon brought up the option to download it or delete it), leaving only the two in the attachment. Neither app shows signs of data usage.

Is this a false positive, or is it possible that the apps have been hacked somehow?

Offline BTIsaac

Re: Message service and CMHProvider - possible false positive
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 05:39:50 PM »
I reported a false positive, and it appears the problem has been solved in the next update. I helf off reporting back in case the problem returns but it seems like everything is in order.