Author Topic: Avast only offers paid upgrade even when clicking on "continue free"  (Read 659 times)

Offline Anacunga

Situation: Windows Vista with Avast installed for more than 3000 days (that's quite a bunch of years); license was outdated somewhen towards end of last year (2022). Now the license should be renewed – again the free version.

So – doing that you first come to a screen where on the left part is free version with one of about twelve points ticked and below a grey button "continue free version" – on the right half the same points but all ticked green and below a green button "upgrade" (meaning for a paid version with all the stuff).

Now I click on the grey button "continue free version" – the screen changes into a new window and now there is only one single green button to a paid version in the center of the screen... I DO NOT WANT THAT! I clicked for the free version! How to activate that and contiue with the free version and NOT THE PAID one?

To check that the version is not the problem the latest version was downloaded today an installed over the existing one.

Btw: screensize of the PC is "not very big" (I'll have to check – but could be only 1024x768, but it is more than 800x600) ... checked: it is 1280x800 ...

In the meantime I tried to uninstall avast! from inside system settings (not with avastclear – that did not run) what ended in an error – but on next start it was gone ... now reinstalled and it seems to work ... license until dec. 2024 – but the info since when installed is gone ...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 10:18:30 PM by Anacunga »