Author Topic: Change country of residence  (Read 696 times)

Offline Iuliia

Change country of residence
« on: February 27, 2023, 03:45:23 AM »
Dear Avast Security forum,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to you today regarding a technical issue I am experiencing with my Avast account. I registered my account when I was living in Russia, but I have since moved to Japan with permanent residence. As I did not have any paid account, I did not think to update my country of residence in my Avast profile back then.

However, I have now encountered a problem as I want to try some of the premium features, but I am unable to purchase any paid account as it does not allow me to enter my Japanese card details. It seems that Avast if see the country as Russia, is preventing me from even going to the window of entering card details.

Furthermore, I have noticed that support for my previously registered country is no longer available. This has left me in a bit of a bind, as I am unable to change my country of residence in my profile by myself, and unable to reach anyone for support. I have searched the forum for answers but to no avail.

I am reaching out to you today to kindly request your assistance in changing my country of residence in my Avast profile. I understand that the current circumstances may make this difficult, but any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. I am also curious as to why Avast does not allow people to contact them, as not all Russians live in Russia, especially those who aren't supporting the decisions of 2022.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message.