Author Topic: vast safe label  (Read 1037 times)

Offline adamsofftrash-z1

vast safe label
« on: March 06, 2023, 05:01:50 PM »
I've decided I don't want to continue using Avast Essentials and I have uninstalled all components, but I can't get rid of the "Avast safe" label that keeps being applied to my incoming Gmails. I have turned off the permission in Gmail that I had to enable when setting up the new e-mail feature in Avast. I have tried running the Avast stand alone uninstaller, deleted the label from Gmail when accessing it via my web browser, deleting if from within my e-mail client software (eM Mail), but still it keeps adding the avast label to my incoming e-mails. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this please?

Offline MrDJ

Re: vast safe label
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 12:06:50 PM »
Did you turn the option off in email gaurdian first then remove your email from the list? then uninstall it.

ive had quite a few spam that showed as safe but ive never bothered turning it of in UI.

so just turned off and sent test email and the green safe tag has gone.

Im guessing if email gaurdian does not show up on your UI then youve not removed it correctly.
hopefully a techy may be able to advise further.
Clevo P502 Laptop i7 3720QM 2.60GHz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GTX 680M, Crucial 512 SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, over 12 years old and still super fast.

Offline Bri4

Re: vast safe label
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2023, 09:19:55 PM »
I also have this issue... Incredibly annoying.
Have you found a solution?