Author Topic: JS: OpenConnection-B  (Read 3496 times)

REDACTED

JS: OpenConnection-B
« on: April 05, 2004, 10:15:43 PM »
I decided to run a thourgh scan of my system...with the highest level of sensitivity.   Archive files included, an really indepth scan...It found the infected below.  I wasn't sure how to safely remove it...so I put it the Virus Chest.

1.  Is this safe to delete...and that's it...it's gone? ???

2.  I continue to scan..but system slowed  with 100% resources...took over 2 hrs..to finish scan. ::)

3.  While scanning was taking place...it use a low of my disk space...???  :o....do I go ahead and delete all to those temporary files...? :'(   and what should my setting be for the next scan? ???

4.  I believe it found..5-6 more infected files..but I wasn't able to do anything with them.  :-[ Where as XP froze..and had to finally reboot. >:(

5.  After reboot, I ran Avast Virus Cleaner...and it was not able to find anything...and said no infected files found.
Good...but maybe bad? :-\

6.  Please advise how I should proceed. :D
GloryDue

See Below: I put it the Virus Chest

Scanning of selected files
Scanning of selected files
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Program will try to scan 1 selected file(s) in the Chest

Move files to temporary folder: C:\DOCUME~1\Lionel\LOCALS~1\Temp\asw21.tmp
FileID: 0000000007  Original file name: C:\Documents and Settings\Lionel\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\ar3.jar-7d1aaa7e-7a230583.RB0  New folder: C:\DOCUME~1\Lionel\LOCALS~1\Temp\asw21.tmp\7.RB0

Scan files in the temporary folder: C:\DOCUME~1\Lionel\LOCALS~1\Temp\asw21.tmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Lionel\LOCALS~1\Temp\asw21.tmp\7.RB0\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF  -- no virus --
C:\DOCUME~1\Lionel\LOCALS~1\Temp\asw21.tmp\7.RB0\Beyond.class  JS:OpenConnection-B
C:\DOCUME~1\Lionel\LOCALS~1\Temp\asw21.tmp\7.RB0  JS:OpenConnection-B
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Action was completed successfully!

Action was completed successfully!

Virus has been detected!
File Name: ar3.jar-7d1aaa7e-7a230583.RB0
FileID: 7
Virus Description: JS:OpenConnection-B

Virus has been detected!
File Name: ar3.jar-7d1aaa7e-7a230583.RB0
FileID: 7
Virus Description: JS:OpenConnection-B

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re:JS: OpenConnection-B
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 10:38:02 PM »
You can delete the file, it should (?) mean you visited a page with JS:OpenConnection-B virus - and suns java stores it in cache archive.

I continue to scan..but system slowed  with 100% resources...took over 2 hrs..to finish scan

Was those 100% resources temporarlly ? If you scan 600Mb archive - in this cas, unpacking has higher priority and we don't let other application work together ;).

While scanning was taking place...it use a low of my disk space...???  

Only archives unpack themselves, mostly in the progress: unpack a file -> scan a file -> delete a file; if you have 500Mb archive e.g. with one file (AVI, ...) we must unpack it before scanning.

I believe it found..5-6 more infected files..but I wasn't able to do anything with them.   Where as XP froze..and had to finally reboot

I don't undestand you, could you please rephrase it ? Thanks.

After reboot, I ran Avast Virus Cleaner...and it was not able to find anything...and said no infected files found.

Avast cleaner can't be substituted by avast home/pro verion, it looks for & removes only selected worm infections, more info HERE.

REDACTED

Re:JS: OpenConnection-B
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 02:47:58 AM »
I deleted the infected file...and rebooted system..Ran another through scan...after I clean out all the temp. files.

The Scan found the same virus..attach to two other file.. I deleted them immediately....It also found another infected file with a Win95..pav.....I also deleted it and reboot system after the scan was complete.

I ran a third scan just to make sure...I got them all..it found another one on the 3rd.  try.  I believe I'm clean for now...and have the most recent update.

Thanks for your help!!!  ;D  Thanks for a great AV! :)
Glorydue