Author Topic: Maladvertising popup  (Read 1214 times)

Offline adeebmostafa

Maladvertising popup
« on: March 16, 2023, 06:11:33 PM »
Keep getting a popup every few minutes it's really annoying! Picture attached. Not sure how to get rid of it.

Offline adeebmostafa

Re: Maladvertising popup
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 01:31:46 PM »
Can someone please help me with this?

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 05:29:42 PM »
As you seem to have Avast One (not Avast Antivirus product), you may get more response posting in the Avast One section here: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=125.0

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 06:21:06 PM »
Can someone please help me with this?

Whilst rocksteady makes a valid point to post in the Avast One sub-forum, it may not necessarily differ from potential advice given and or questions asked.

When you get an alert, click the See details option as that could give us more information to work with.

However, I assume that you aren't trying to reach this website in the image  ?
If not, first clear your browser (which one ?) cache and cookies and restart your browser.

If this resolves it you should be good to go:
If not have you installed or updated any add-ons/extensions recently or updated  ?

Try running your browser with add-ons/extensions disabled.
If that resolves it then it is likely to be an add-ons/extension, now finding which one is going to be a slow process.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Peter244

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 03:39:13 PM »
I own the Avast Premium Security. Since I upgraded to the current version ads have been popping up daily on products that I already own. Can I stop this? It happens every day of the week.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 05:04:42 PM »
I own the Avast Premium Security. Since I upgraded to the current version ads have been popping up daily on products that I already own. Can I stop this? It happens every day of the week.

This isn't really connected with the Topic and should have been in its own topic.

With the Paid versions of Avast you have more control in the settings.

Avast UI > Menu > Settings > General > Personal Privacy - uncheck the element to offer other Avast Products.
I use Avast Free, so I can't show you a screenshot as this option isn't available to avast free users.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security