Author Topic: Antitrack browser protection turned off by itself  (Read 11890 times)

Offline mhguda

Antitrack browser protection turned off by itself
« on: May 05, 2019, 01:31:00 AM »
About a week ago, I started having internet access problems and I've traced it down to Antitrack Premium. I contacted support and when they responded, I followed their instructions. It is working better now - but not consistently.
Sometimes the problems - sites timing out, not being able to establish secure connections, also with apps like Dropbox - start repeating again, and then Antitrack crashes out. Before it does, I can see the browser protection tracking protection are disabled - although I certainly did not disable them.
Has anybody seen anything like that? I've written to support and am waiting for an answer from them, but thought I might find some suggestion as to what to do here. It is as if the trackers are revenging themselves - I block them, they block me?

Offline Hendrik27

Re: Antitrack browser protection turned off by itself
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 07:38:00 PM »
Hi,

Did you found a solution for this? I'm having the same issue.

Kind regards,

Hendrik

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 09:15:30 AM »
Hi Hendrik27,

I would recommend that you first follow the instructions in this support article to fully uninstall and then reinstall Avast AntiTrack. Please note, the article is titled as a solution to a different issue but the full uninstall/reinstall instructions are correct, and should help to resolve the issues you are seeing.

Offline gordsykes

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 07:39:39 AM »
Same problem.  Antitrack premium.  Randomly when I check, browser protection is disabled!  I have uninstalled and reinstalled repeatedly.  Why did I buy this crap?  Last time.  I succumbed to the constant BS advertising that pops up as an "issue" after scanning manually on my paid Avast Internet Security.  I am getting fed up with the constant sly adverts that Avast forces on me.  I have been a paid client for years, but this is getting too aggravating.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 08:02:14 AM »
You can disable the ads in the paid versions: Avast GUI -> Settings -> Personal Privacy
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Fam

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2023, 10:12:39 AM »
I’m experiencing the same issue and support has been rather slow. Has anyone found a solution? Considering a refund application...

Offline Technicolor

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2024, 08:25:34 PM »
I have the same issue and have tracked my problem to my use of Remote Desktop Connection.
Every time I log into the affected computer remotely, Antitrack bugs, disables tracking, and requires a restart.
I don't surf the internet on the remote, but do occasionally log into some necessary sites, so this is more of an inconvenience than anything else.