Author Topic: Virus like IDP.HELU file-less  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Aleksey9486

Virus like IDP.HELU file-less
« on: March 23, 2023, 07:05:59 PM »
Not so long ago, after installing one game, Avast periodically (about 1 hour after starting the computer) began to blame Windows powershell.exe that he is a virus of the type IDP.HELU.PSS21. I'm a beginner and I don't know much about such viruses. Can someone help me with this? Could this be a false positive? :-\

Offline redwolfe_98

Re: Virus like IDP.HELU file-less
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 01:29:58 PM »
you should go to a malware-removal forum to get help with removing malware from your computer. 2 that i know of, one at malwarebytes.com forums and one a bleepingcomputer.com forums.

Offline Aleksey9486

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 02:32:49 PM »
 I have tried, but there is no answer anywhere yet. Somewhere inside I'm still hoping it was a series of false positives. :-\

Offline redwolfe_98

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2023, 03:25:25 PM »
I have tried, but there is no answer anywhere yet
i think your post, asking for help, must have been overlooked. you could try bumping the post by posting a reply to it or create a new post, asking for help.

usually people seem to get quick replies when asking for help.

there has been a lot of malware activiity, lately. i don't think that what you seeing is a false-positive.

i already mentioned that there are 2 malware-removal forums that i am familiar with, one at
malwarebytes.com forums and one at bleepingcomputer.com forums. go to one of those mlaware-removal forums and ask for help, there, with removing malware from your computer.

another option would be to do a clean reinstall of windows, in order to remove the malware. a clean reinstall is where you completely erase all data on the harddrive before reinstalling windows. it is not hard to do but it is time-consuming.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 03:36:08 PM by redwolfe_98 »

Offline Aleksey9486

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2023, 03:42:46 PM »
Anyway, thanks for the advice

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2023, 12:07:25 PM »
A screenshot of the actual warning pop-up, including the Details part, may help understanding and which shield is detecting the issue.

There have been similar issues reported on both Avast and AVG forums (same company) which may be of interest:

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=293999.0

https://support.avg.com/answers?id=9065p0000000mAbAAI

You could try Repair of Avast and see if that solves anything.
You could download Malwarebytes, disable the real-time components, and run a scan with that to see the result. Uninstall after.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2023, 04:37:39 PM »
This is an old issue/conflict with avast & avg concerning AutoHotkey
(-> programming language) installs,

Report here: Please report it here: https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php
Might be because of a script you are running.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!